Error: Python module tensorflow was not found. Detected Python configuration:

Below are the steps and corresponding output I'm using to install tensorflow in RStudio. The laptop I'm using is Apple M1 chip. The OS is Monterey.

use_python(python = Sys.which("python3"), required = TRUE)
virtualenv_create("r-reticulate", python = Sys.which("python3"))
install_tensorflow(envname = "r-reticulate")
library(tensorflow)

The installation was successful, when I run

library(tensorflow)
tf$constant("Hello Tensorflow!")

This is the output

List of 20
 $ python              : chr "/usr/bin/python3"
 $ libpython           : chr "/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/Library/Frameworks/Python3.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/python3.8/config-3.8-"| __truncated__
 $ pythonhome          : chr "/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/Library/Frameworks/Python3.framework/Versions/3.8:/Library/Developer/Comman"| __truncated__
 $ pythonpath          : chr "/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.2-arm64/Resources/library/reticulate/config:/Library/Developer/Comma"| __truncated__
 $ prefix              : chr "/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/Library/Frameworks/Python3.framework/Versions/3.8"
 $ exec_prefix         : chr "/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/Library/Frameworks/Python3.framework/Versions/3.8"
 $ base_exec_prefix    : chr "/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/Library/Frameworks/Python3.framework/Versions/3.8"
 $ virtualenv          : chr ""
 $ virtualenv_activate : chr ""
 $ version_string      : chr "3.8.9 (default, Apr 13 2022, 08:48:06)  [Clang 13.1.6 (clang-1316.0.21.2.5)]"
 $ version             : chr "3.8"
 $ architecture        : chr "64bit"
 $ anaconda            : logi FALSE
 $ conda               : logi FALSE
 $ numpy               : NULL
 $ required_module     : chr "tensorflow"
 $ required_module_path: NULL
 $ available           : logi TRUE
 $ python_versions     : chr "/usr/bin/python3"
 $ forced              : chr "RETICULATE_PYTHON_FALLBACK"
 - attr(*, "class")= chr "py_config"

And this is the error

Error: Python module tensorflow was not found.

Detected Python configuration:

What could be the issue?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.