Error starting Rstudio

Hi, and welcome!

That’s not quite enough to go on. What’s your OS, and how did you install RStudio? What’s the specific error?

error msg

I've been using Rstudio for some time now. Basically I tried to create a new Github repo after using the edit_r_environment(). But I got an error message.

When I saved and tried to restart by R studio, I received an error message which I have attached here.

Bottom line is, how do I restart my R studio without loading all startup files such as Renviron. I use windows 10 OS.

Edit your .Renviron file to skip this line or rename the file (e.g. Renviron.back)
As a side note, startup files are an R functionality, not RStudio's

1 Like

Thanks chief. How do I do that?? I am a newbie.

Just follow the path on the error message open the file with the notepad (or any text editor) and modify or delete the problematic line, or simply rename or delete the file.

So much thanks. Problem solved.

If your question's been answered (even by you!), would you mind choosing a solution? It helps other people see which questions still need help, or find solutions if they have similar problems. Here’s how to do it:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.