Failed to install 'bibliometrix'

Hello, I am trying to install the package "bibliometrix" into my R Studio Desktop from GitHub, but I kept having the error: (converted from warning) packages ‘FactoMineR’, ‘cowplot’, ‘car’ are not available (for R version 3.4.2)

devtools::install_github('massimoaria/bibliometrix')

Downloading GitHub repo massimoaria/bibliometrix@master
These packages have more recent versions available.
It is recommended to update all of them.
Which would you like to update?

1: All                                             

Enter one or more numbers, or an empty line to skip updates:

Skipping 3 packages not available: FactoMineR, cowplot, car
Installing 49 packages: factoextra, FactoMineR, ggraph, ggrepel, igraph, shiny, stringdist, curl, mime, openssl, R6, sys, fansi, pkgconfig, assertthat, htmltools, yaml, lazyeval, Rcpp, later, BH, gtable, isoband, scales, withr, colorspace, evaluate, pkgload, prettyunits, backports, ps, cowplot, rstatix, car, stringi, reshape2, plyr, RcppEigen, RcppArmadillo, clipr, progress, promises, httpuv, xtable, fastmap, ggpubr, tidygraph, graphlayouts, data.table
Installing packages into ‘/Users/QiangXIA/Library/R/3.4/library’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
Error: Failed to install 'bibliometrix' from GitHub:
  (converted from warning) packages ‘FactoMineR’, ‘cowplot’, ‘car’ are not available (for R version 3.4.2)

Does anyone have any idea why it failed?

I am looking forward to your help!!

You are using a very old R version and those packages are not available for it, so the easiest solution would be to simply update R (current version 4.0.2).

https://cran.r-project.org/

Hi thank you very much for your quick reply!
But I still have a silly question. Actually, I am working with R Studio (Version 1.3.959) and I don't have R on my Mac, should I still download R first to solve this problem?

RStudio is an IDE for the R programming language and you do have R installed in your system, otherwise you couldn't use RStudio and get those error messages.

Yes, you need to update your R version in order to overcome this problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.