Fedora 32 errors

Since upgrade tp Fedora 32 I get the following error when loading qdap package:

library(qdap)
Loading required package: qdapDictionaries
Loading required package: qdapRegex
Loading required package: qdapTools
Loading required package: RColorBrewer
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘qdap’ in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...):
unable to load shared object '/home/santoshbs/R/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu-library/3.6/igraph/libs/igraph.so':
libRlapack.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Can you please help fix this issue?

Thanks!
sbs

1 Like

Indeed, update to Fedora 32 has broken pre-installed packages that made use of libRlapack.so, as libRlapack.so is not included in Fedora 32.

See e.g. https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1805528#c5 for some debate.

This does not however appear to be a problem on fresh Fedora 32 installs, or if you re-build all relevant R packages from scratch. Removing your previous installs of relevant packages, or at the most extreme your full R library - /home/user/R/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu-library/3.6 - if you're confident you can reinstall all packages you previously had, will fix this.

In this specific case, you may want to try by first removing igraph and re-install it, and then see how it goes.

1 Like

I was able to fix this by sudo ln the file to where RStudio expected it.

I installed RStudio, first download it from the official page. Install it through the following way:
dnf localinstall rstudio-1.2.5042-x86_64.rpm

but when my Fedora 32 is updated another version is installed (rstudio-1.2.5042-1.fc32.x86_64.rpm) and everything I have is lost.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.