fetch pattern from a string 0

Hi,

I have a huge data with 1794607 records in it with 7-8 different columns in it. Here's the business case which is required,

In one of the column, there are many values which represents the data. I need to make all names prefixed with xe, ge,et and irb and omit the other ones.

Column example:

aest-abc

tars-ae

xe-0/0/0.105

xe-0/0/6

xe-0/0/17

xe-0/0/18

ge-0101

How to achieve this logic ? Could someone please help me on the same.

Hi,

Just so it's clear: You want to filter all values that start with xe, ge,et and irb? So that 'xe-0/0/0.105' is kept, but the row with 'aest-abc' is removed? In that case you can filter you data like this:

library(stringr)
library(dplyr)

myData = data.frame(
  col1 = 1:3,
  col2 = c("aest-abc", "xe-0/0/0.105", "ge-0101")  
)

myData %>% filter(str_detect(col2, "^(xe|ge|et|irb)"))
#>   col1         col2
#> 1    2 xe-0/0/0.105
#> 2    3      ge-0101

You use the str_detect function from stringr package and can write RegEx to state the conditions you like.

If this is not what you want, please give a before and after example, so we know what exactly it is you like to do.

PJ

Hey Thanks Pieter for your response.

yes, that's the approach. I did something like this. As of now, the output is correct. Let me check in graph how it comes.

Really thanks for your great help!! :slight_smile:

InterfaceThroughput$interfaceList <-  ifelse(substr(InterfaceThroughput$interfacename,1,2)== "xe","xe",
									  ifelse(substr(InterfaceThroughput$interfacename,1,2)== "ge","ge",
									  ifelse(substr(InterfaceThroughput$interfacename,1,2)== "et","et",
								      ifelse(substr(InterfaceThroughput$interfacename,1,3)== "irb","irb","others"))))

InterfaceThroughput1 <- InterfaceThroughput[InterfaceThroughput$interfaceList %in% c("xe","ge","et","irb"),]
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.