Formatting for a reference list: indent all but one of the lines

Hi! I am currently writing my thesis in Rmarkdown (with xelatex), and i would like to change the formatting for my reference list so that the first line of each reference is the only line that is not indented. Like this:

How it is formatted now:

Surname, Firstname. Surname, Firstname. Surname, Firstname. Surname, Firstname. Surname, Firstname. Surname, Firstname. (Year of Publication). Title. Diss. University. Place of publication: Publisher. Constant link.

This is roughly how i want it formatted:

Surname, Firstname. Surname, Firstname. Surname, Firstname. 
        Surname, Firstname. Surname, Firstname. Surname, Firstname.
        (Year of Publication). Title. Diss. University. 
        Place of publication: Publisher. Constant link.

Is there a way to achieve this? Preferably without Bibtex, or any other referencing software.

It seems like you are asking how to indent text in rmarkdown, in which case:
5.2 Indent text | R Markdown Cookbook (bookdown.org)

can be done with

---
title: Example of using $LaTeX$ for citation
output: 
  pdf_document: 
    keep_tex: yes
    latex_engine: xelatex
header-includes:
  - \usepackage{fontspec}
  - \setmainfont{IBM Plex Sans}
---

\setlength{\parindent}{-0.2in}
\setlength{\leftskip}{0.2in}
\setlength{\parskip}{8pt}
Surname, Firstname. Surname, Firstname. Surname, Firstname. Surname, Firstname. Surname, Firstname. Surname, Firstname. (Year of Publication). Title. Diss. University. Place of publication: Publisher. Constant link.
\noindent

Anything you can imagine by way of text, footnotes, tables, equations or figures can be done by inserting this kind of markup. But be careful it doesn't come to consume all the time you have to give.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.