Git tab disappeared in Rstudio after updating Git (Windows)

I recently went through to update R, Git, and Rstudio, but after updating Git, the Git tab in Rstudio disappeared on me. I've tried everything I could find on here and other web forums.

My current versions are...
Rstudio: 2022.12.0 Build 353
R: 4.2.2 (2022-10-31 ucrt)
Git: 2.39.2.windows.1

The steps I have tried so far are...

Checking that Rstudio is using the correct git.exe.
git exe path: C:/Program Files/Git/bin/git.exe
SVN exe: C:/Program Files/Git/bin/sh.exe

using git status to see if R is communicating with Git. I found out that because my R project was on a network server, I needed to use git config --global --add safe.directory to fix that and now it tells me I'm on the main branch and my branch is up to date.

I used usethis::gh_token_help() to troubleshoot my Github token. Through some error messages here I removed GITHUB_PAT = from my .Renviron file and set up a new Github token using a different method. Now I have this...

I have also tried creating new repos both R first and Github first and still can't get the Git tab to show up.

I have looked through many forums over the last couple days to try and fix this to no avail so any help is very welcome! I'm a natural resources scientist who is much more familiar with R than Git but was really enjoying the the easy version control of the Git tab in Rstudio! Thanks in advance for any tips.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.