Global options check boxes don't respond on Ubuntu 20.04

I recently installed RStudio on Ubuntu 20.04, and when trying to configure global options, none of the check boxes respond. They don't look frozen, and clicking doesn't cause a freeze or anything. It just does nothing at all:

rstudio-tickbox

Has anyone seen this before?

Hi @EeethB! I'm sorry you're running into this. I can't reproduce the issue—I just checked, and it's working for me in RStudio Desktop. A few things:

1. Which version of RStudio Desktop are you using? I used versions 1.4.1032 and 1.4.1081 (the current preview).
  2. Has this worked on a previous version of RStudio Desktop, e.g. 1.3.1093, or an earlier version of 1.4, etc.?
  3. What version of Ubuntu and display are you using? I'm on Ubuntu 20.04.1 with GNOME Shell 3.36.4.
  4. Do dropdown menus work, such as those in the "R Markdown" section of the Global Options?

Thanks!
Ron Blum
Quality Assurance Engineer, RStudio IDE Team

1 Like

Thanks Ron! I actually noticed this on my Windows machine today too, so I did a little more digging. It went away when I stopped using the Horizon Dark theme from rsthemes, so I will be taking this up with grrrck. I did note that while Yule is another dark theme, it doesn't touch the style of the options menu like Horizon Dark does, and the issue doesn't persist when using Yule. So maybe that has something to do with it?

1 Like

Hi y'all, yes this one's on me! The dialog-styling portion of my themes is still in an experimental state, sorry. Feature request: can we add a few stable classes around the popup dialog menus so that they're easier to style?

2 Likes

Here's the relevant issue on the rsthemes GitHub: https://github.com/gadenbuie/rsthemes/issues/39

2 Likes

@grrrck and @EeethB Thank you both for investigating and identifying the issue!

@grrrck Can you file the feature request at https://github.com/rstudio/rstudio/issues/new?template=feature_request.md ? You understand the details better than I do. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks,
Ron Blum
Quality Assurance Engineer, RStudio IDE Team

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.