GPU Support for boost_trees engine == xgboost

Hey all,

I'm learning the ways of tidymodels to build my ML algorithms after using the underlying packages for years. I'm hoping the unified syntax of tidymodels will make it easier for me to share my work with my team. GPU support for XGBoost is crucial to my work as models take way too long to train without it. I read the boost_trees documentation found here: https://parsnip.tidymodels.org/reference/boost_tree.html but didn't see any mention of whether or not boost_trees will support gpu compute when I use set_enginge("xgboost"). Does anyone know if boost_trees supports GPU compute, and if so, what argument do I need to provide to enable it?

I don't think that boost_tree() will require anything to be different. If there are extra arguments for using the gpu, just pass them in as you normally would (via set_engine()).

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.