HospRep Hospital Reporting - 2020 Shiny Contest Submission

HospRep Hospital Reporting

Authors: Peter Hahn
Working with Shiny for 1+ years

Abstract: HospRep is an application for a monthly overview over the performance of the complete hospital (Vulpius Klinik) and their different departments.

Full Description: # HospRep
HospRep is an application for a monthly overview over the performance of the complete hospital (Vulpius Klinik) and their different departments. From 2017, the shiny app replaced the outdated Excel-based sheets. Before 2017 preparation of the report wasted many days. Now after export of the data, preparing and deploying takes about 10 minutes.

Prerequisites for using HospRep

I built HospRep in R, an open source programming language using the Shiny package, a web application framework for R. All required code is in this github repository.

Data

I stored the required data in two lists, y_prev and y_akt, each list containing the data for a specific period, y_prev (2018-2019), y_akt (2019-2020). The data are an export of our hospital EHR (electronic health records). Pre-processing with R removes patients identification and build tables and data summaries to enhance the performance of the shiny app.

Running app and repo

The application is published on:
https://kphahn.shinyapps.io/hosprep/.
Github repo: GitHub - phahn57/hosprep: Hospital reporting system in R
RStudio cloud: Posit Cloud

Privacy

HospRep works with sensitive patients data. During pre-processing, all patient identification are removed. For the running example, the original data are modified and do not reflect the real hospital. Names of referring doctors and the names of the intern doctors are anonymized.

Language

I translated the main features into English, but some parts are in German because they are difficult to translate due to some strange characteristics of the German Health system.

Author

HospRep was created by Peter Hahn, Professor of Hand Surgery and Medical director at the Vulpius Klinik. After finishing Johns Hopkins Data Science Qualification 2015, I continuously developed my skills in R by several projects. HospRep is one of them.

Category: Healthcare
Keywords: health, hospital, reporting
Shiny app: https://kphahn.shinyapps.io/hosprep/
Repo: GitHub - phahn57/hosprep: Hospital reporting system in R
RStudio Cloud: Posit Cloud

Thumbnail:

Full image:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.