I'm convinced my global environment is haunted because I cannot clear it. Ever data frame or object I've ever made reloads every time I try to open R. How can I clear my global environment??
Believe me when I say that I've tried every solution I've been able to find on. Here's the main thread that I was referring to: How to clear the R environment.
Here's the list of things I've tried that haven't worked:
- Used the rm() - on every object
- Changed my settings under tools -> global options -> workspace -> never restore
- The little broom at the top of the global environment that says "confirm remove objects."
- Uninstalled and reinstalled R and R Studio
- Even if I start my session with using rm() to remove everything, the moment I try to load the data frame I actually need, EVERYTHING comes back.
- Made sure I wasn't working with in a project that might be preserving all of this.
The more data frames I have in my global environment, the slower R is running and I most of the objects that are there, I don't even need anymore. I'm honestly at a loss. Please help??