How to avoid scroll in 'Update Packages' panel in preview 1.3.842

In RStudio preview 1.3.842 ("Middlemist Red" (74333857, 2020-02-17) for Windows) with

R version 3.6.0 (2019-04-26)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 18362)

I have the following issue while using the 'Update Packages' panel. It is not serious but annoying and I hope someone can tell me how to avoid it.

I have a lot of packages installed and from time to time I check the 'Update Packages' panel to see which I would like to update. The first package displayed in the list is currently ' anytime'. I use the scrollbar to see other packages that can be updated. Then I see e.g. the contents in the screenshot below.

My small but annoying issue is the following:when I want to update both 'devtools' and 'digest' the panel is refreshed immediately after I flag 'devtools' (and then showing 'anytime' again as first updateable package) before I have an opportunity to also flag 'digest'. So I have to scroll downwards to 'devtools' and 'digest' again (where I see that 'devtools' is indeed flagged) and now flag 'digest'.

My preferred way of working would of course be to flag all the relevant packages in the current view and then scroll down to the next set of packages and repeat (without seeing the 'anytime' package anytime).

Anyone with a suggestion? Is there a option/setting to avoid this?

This sounds like a bug. Would you mind filing this as a bug report at https://github.com/rstudio/rstudio/issues?

Done: see issue 6375 .

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.