How to cite packages in my pubblications

Hi, I did not understand if it is necessary to insert in my publications on kaggle or wikipedia the names and surnames of the authors of the packages of R according to the instructions of the citations() function. For example, in my publication: Esplorazione dati covid-19 e vaccini in Italia | Kaggle I should insert the content of citations ("dplyr") with the names and surnames of the authors of the package dplyr? Thanks

You can get the relevant information for citing packages by using citation().

Example for the dplyr package:

citation("dplyr")
#> 
#> To cite package 'dplyr' in publications use:
#> 
#>   Hadley Wickham, Romain François, Lionel Henry and Kirill Müller
#>   (2021). dplyr: A Grammar of Data Manipulation. R package version
#>   1.0.7. https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=dplyr
#> 
#> A BibTeX entry for LaTeX users is
#> 
#>   @Manual{,
#>     title = {dplyr: A Grammar of Data Manipulation},
#>     author = {Hadley Wickham and Romain François and Lionel Henry and Kirill Müller},
#>     year = {2021},
#>     note = {R package version 1.0.7},
#>     url = {https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=dplyr},
#>   }

Created on 2021-10-20 by the reprex package (v2.0.1)

Hi, I've been looking on kaggle or wikipedia for someone who makes correct citations of packages but couldn't find anyone. Can you give me the link of a notebook on kaggle where there are correct citations, in fact I wouldn't want to be the only one to do them? Thanks

How you make your citation depends on the citation style; if there are any guidelines as to citation style use that, otherwise, use a citation style of your preference (the one produced by citation() should work just fine).

I'm sorry, maybe I haven't explained myself. I meant that on kaggle notebooks there are no citations at all. Do I have to do them alone?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.