How to fix R Studio when it doesn't run codes?

My R Studio doesn't run codes. When I run a code, there is no error and the code appears in the console but it is not executed. I uninstalled and reinstalled R and R Studio several times but still it doesn't work. Also, when I try to quite session, it freezes. I really don't know what is wrong with it. I was wondering if someone could help me.

Could you give us the code you're trying to run?

Some system Information could be useful as well

System Information:

• RStudio Edition: (Desktop or Server)
  • RStudio Version:
  • OS Version:
  • R Version:

Also:

• RStudio diagnostics report:
  • Your sessionInfo():
  • RStudio crash report:
  • RStudio application log files:

Currently, it sounds like a very resource intensive task has been given. But it's hard to know with the information given.

The basic steps to diagnose and seek help from these kinds of problems can be found here

For example, I run this code:

p <- c(1,2,3,4)
p

but the console shows this: p <- c(1,2,3,4). Nothing is added to environment and I don't see [1] 1 2 3 4 in return.

I am using RStudio Desktop 2021.09.1+372. My R version is 4.1.2.
I ran sessionInfo() but again it doesn't work because R won't run any codes. Regarding the crash report, I could not file the report . Also, for RStudio application log files, the reports are for a few months ago. There is no new case. This is the last one but I don't know if it helps: 07 Aug 2021 01:39:44 [rdesktop] ERROR Main window closed unexpectedly; LOGGED FROM: auto __cdecl rstudio::desktop::MainWindow::closeEvent::<lambda_6df4003a5993ea0cdb87988cf8be933c>::operator ()(class QVariant) const src/cpp/desktop/DesktopMainWindow.cpp:524

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.