How to keep row from datatable selected even when the table is filtered with selectedinputs

Hi,

With shiny, I work on a datable with multiple row selection. I also have a selectedinput to filter this datable by category (in the example "species"). The problem I encounter is that each time I select a different species I loose the previous row selection. I would like to keep these rows selected even if they don't appear on the datatable that has been filtered. In other words, previously selected rows should be deselected only when I click on the rows or on a specific button.

You will find below the code I am working on.

Hope it is clear and thanks for your help!

library(shiny)
library(DT)
library(sbtools)
library(reactable)
library(shinyjs)

ui <- fluidPage(
                sidebarPanel(selectInput(inputId = "species", label = ("Species"),choices = c("All",unique(as.character(iris$Species)))
                ),uiOutput("SelectedSpecies")), 
                mainPanel(dataTableOutput("mytable"))

)

server <- function(input, output,session) {

newdata <- reactive({

if (input$species=="All") {
      filtered_data <- iris

} else {
      filtered_data<-iris
      filtered_data <- subset(iris,iris$Species==input$species)

}

return(filtered_data)

})

output$mytable =renderDataTable({

output_table<-newdata()

datatable(output_table,selection = list(mode = 'multiple'))

})

selection <- reactive ({
    input$mytable_rows_selected
  })

output$SelectedSpecies <- renderUI({

row_selected<-selection()

checkboxGroupInput("SelectedSpecies", label = "Selected Species", 
                       choices = rownames(newdata())[as.numeric(row_selected)],selected = rownames(newdata())[as.numeric(row_selected)])
  })  

}

shinyApp(ui, server)

```

This topic was automatically closed 54 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.