how to make an animated histogram from a binomial distribution

Hi! I am currently struggling to make this code of mine into an ongoing loop. Here is my code:

for (pi in seq(0,1,0.1)) {
x <- seq(0,10,by=1)
y <- dbinom(1, x,pi)
barplot(y,xlim=c(0,10),ylim=c(0,1), col = blue)
Sys.sleep(1)
print(y)
}

I need to create a GIF (or animation) of a binomial distribution that loops on forever. The animation must display a histogram with the bars going up and down as n changes.

I would look into using gganimate
https://gganimate.com/articles/gganimate.html

I did try to use gganimate, but it does not seem to work. This is my code:

install.packages("gganimate")
install.packages("ggplot2")
library(gganimate)
library(ggplot2)
a <- for (pi in seq(0,1,0.1)) {
x <- seq(0,10,by=1)
y <- dbinom(1, x,pi)
barplot(y,xlim=c(0,10),ylim=c(0,1), col = "blue")
Sys.sleep(1)
print(y)
}
anim <- a + transition_states(y,transition_length = 2, state_length = 1)
anim
NULL

Please help me!

While I could do the work and provide you a solution on a plate. You won't have learned anything. I think you should work through the gganimate guide. Trying every example and understanding why it works. In fact you should probably start with a basics guide of ggplot2 first. I.e do not use barplot. Use an appropriate ggplot geom

1 Like

I figured out that I need to use the animation package and not gganimate because my code consists of 2 vectors. My new code is:

install.packages("animation")
library(animation)
saveGIF({for (pi in seq(0,1,0.1)) {
x <- seq(1,11,by=1)
y <- dbinom(1, x,pi)
barplot(y,xlim=c(0,10),ylim=c(0,1), col = "blue", main = "n=10", names.arg=c(0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10))
Sys.sleep(1)
print(y)
ani.record()}
})

I cannot get all the frames to come together in a loop even when I said "ani.record" it gives me an error. Do you maybe know how i can create the gif with all my frames already created?

You have installed ImageMagick as the animate docs say you should?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.