I need help in tracking the source of RStudio error messages most likely related to access issues on Windows 8.1.
At start-up and while executing scripts repeated errors such as
Error in normalizePath(path.expand(path), winslash, mustWork) :
path="C:/Users/Fango/AppData/Local/Temp/RtmpGaeqZ9/rstudio-available-packages-6e0045d14ef": Access is denied
appear in the console.
- The respective directory does exist and user "Fango" has all access rights. No other users have rights except "SYSTEM"
- Scripts do run and seem to work as expected.
- Those messages appear typically at start up, when saving script after editing but also in between.
- No such issues/messages when running scripts from the plain R console (i.e. without using RStudio).
- No such issues when I start RStudio with administrator privileges
In addition I receive warning messages such as
In drawGTree(x) : reached elapsed time limit
Again, I do not get those warnings when using the R console.
RStudio Version 1.2.5033 ("Orange Blossom" (330255dd, 2019-12-04))
Windows 8.1 Version 6.3 build 9600
system i386, mingw32
svn rev 77875
version.string R version 3.6.3 (2020-02-29)
nickname Holding the Windsock