Huge "QtWebEngineProcess" memory usage and .Rmd files opened in Rstudio Dekstop

Hello,

Since I install RStudio 1.4 I'm confronted to a bug in the memory usage by the "QtWebEngineProcess"...
Now, I'v downgraded to RStudio 1.3, and this problem continue.
My configuration: Ubuntu 18.04 / R 3.6.3 / Rstudio 1.3 or Rstudio 1.4

Typically, this appear like that : I run RStudio, and directly at the opening (my workspace is empty, no R command) "QtWebEngineProcess" use 700 Mio of memory.
Others RStudio users (using Windows, Ubuntu like me or Mac) says to me that is already huge and not a normal memory usage.
Is that true?

But is not the worst. If I have a .Rmd file opened, or if I open a .Rmd file (even a pretty basic .Rmd) : the memory usage stay at 700 Mio for few seconds, and after the memory usage of the "QtWebEngineProcess" increase very fast : 800 Mio, 900Mio, 1.1 Gio, 1.5 Gio, 1.9 Gio, 2Gio...Then the memory usage decreases and stabilizes at 1.2/1.3 Gio.

• I try to disable many options in RStudio Global Options (not render code output inline, etc), with no effects.
  • The problem is the same with the default code format options (following advises see here : RStudio Desktop and QtWebEngineProcess on macOS using very much CPU )
  • I try to change the rendering engine to "software", with no effects.

Does someone encounter the same problem? Is that a bug of my RStudio installation?
Have you any idea to fix it?

Thank a lot for all your answers and for any suggestions...

Best,
Elie

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.