I am having trouble installing my own package

Hi all,

I am having trouble installing my own package on my mac. In the package directory, there is a folder named /git_ignore that I put in the .Rbuildignore file. However, when I ran devtools::install(), I kept getting the following error message that it failed to copy the report.xlsx in the ignored folder. I also tried deleting the file within the folder but this error still keeps happening.

Any suggestions on how to fix this are appreciated.

Thank you,
Luke

devtools::check(, check_dir = dirname(getwd()))
── Building ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────── MMMTools ──
Setting env vars:
● CFLAGS    : -Wall -pedantic -fdiagnostics-color=always
● CXXFLAGS  : -Wall -pedantic -fdiagnostics-color=always
● CXX11FLAGS: -Wall -pedantic -fdiagnostics-color=always
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
✓  checking for file ‘/Volumes/GoogleDrive/My Drive/MyPackage/DESCRIPTION’ ...
   cp: MyPackage/git_ignore/_tasks/_results/report.xlsx: Operation not permitted
    ERROR
   copying to build directory failed
Error in (function (command = NULL, args = character(), error_on_status = TRUE,  : 
  System command 'R' failed, exit status: 1, stdout + stderr:
E> * checking for file ‘/Volumes/GoogleDrive/My Drive/MyPackage/DESCRIPTION’ ... OK
E> cp: MyPackage/git_ignore/_tasks/_results/report.xlsx: Operation not permitted
E>  ERROR
E> copying to build directory failed
Type .Last.error.trace to see where the error occured

Restarting R session...

Some wild guesses (I wrote a blog post about .Rbuildignore)

• What is the pattern you wrote in .Rbuildignore?
  • What is creating the report.xlsx file (since it seems it reappears when you delete it), is it an example or so? (or is it GoogleDrive?) For examples you should use a temporary directory for instance.

This topic was automatically closed after 45 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.