I cannot install "tidyverse"

install.packages("tidyverse")

Error Message:

> install.packages("tidyverse")

Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) : 
  unable to load shared object '/opt/anaconda3/envs/r_env/lib/R/library/stringi/libs/stringi.dylib':
  dlopen(/opt/anaconda3/envs/r_env/lib/R/library/stringi/libs/stringi.dylib, 6): Library not loaded: @rpath/libicui18n.58.dylib
  Referenced from: /opt/anaconda3/envs/r_env/lib/R/library/stringi/libs/stringi.dylib
  Reason: image not found
Calls: <Anonymous> ... namespaceImport -> loadNamespace -> library.dynam -> dyn.load
Execution halted
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package ‘tidyverse’
* removing ‘/opt/anaconda3/envs/r_env/lib/R/library/tidyverse’
Warning in install.packages :
  installation of package ‘tidyverse’ had non-zero exit status

The downloaded source packages are in
	‘/private/var/folders/dt/1kf7bk1x7179klgxspwg7s_c0000gn/T/RtmpRxtmsH/downloaded_packages’
Updating HTML index of packages in '.Library'
Making 'packages.html' ... done
> library(tidyverse)
Error in library(tidyverse) : there is no package called ‘tidyverse’

System Information:

• RStudio Edition: (Desktop or Server)
  • RStudio Version: Version 1.1.456
  • OS Version: 10.15.7
  • R Version: R version 3.6.3

When you use RStudio trought Anaconda it is better to stick with the Anaconda's package manager instead of trying to manually install from CRAN, although, I would recommend not using Anaconda for your R work since RStudio is not officially supported through Anaconda.

Hi, Thank you so much for helping me.

I tried and I found this error in the terminal.

Error Message:

Collecting package metadata (current_repodata.json): done
Solving environment: failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve.
Collecting package metadata (repodata.json): done
Solving environment: failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve.

PackagesNotFoundError: The following packages are not available from current channels:

• tidyverse

Ok, so Anaconda is not a friendly enough for R and RStudio, right?

Hi, thank you again! I just tried downloading R and RStudio separately, it worked! I thought it would be easier to use just one Anaconda for everything and it was more convenient this way and I was wrong. :joy:

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.