I can't seem to find the knit option for my Rmd document in RStudio IDE?

All these options applied simultaneously worked, so thanks a ton. I was much relieved.
As per the instructions in my course I was supposed to install a few packages and run the course instructions. An rmd file was to be knitted, but I'm unable to find the knit option in my RStudio!
Few options said to convert the txt file to html, but that isn't working either.

split from Unable to run devtool, dplyr, gitthub, Rtools in R 4.0.2

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 1.07.09 PM

No option for Knit at the far left side

Create a new RMarkdown document, and cut-and-paste your file into it.

1 Like

You need to work in text file with the .Rmd extension. Currently, it seems these are just text file with a .txt extension ? I can't see clearly from the long random filename you are using.

1 Like

You can change the file type in the bottom right corner of the pane where your current code is. Right now it's set to a text file as @cderv mentioned, and options to knit will appear when you change it to Rmarkdown.

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 22.08.15

If you click and hold down the mouse over the file type, several file types, including R Markdown will appear:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.