"I have a use case where one of the developer was trying to query a MS Access database (extension .accdb). " How can we read from access database on R Studio Server Pro?

"I have a use case where one of the developer was trying to query a MS Access database (extension .accdb). " How can we read from access database on R Studio Server Pro?

R and the RStudio IDE has a number of tools to connect to remote databases. Have you checked out
https://db.rstudio.com/ ?

So far, we don't have much to go on in terms of where you or your developer is having difficulties.

1 Like

Since you are running Rstudio Server Pro, you should be running a Linux system, and as far as I know there is no free MS Access driver for linux that is capable of reading .accdb files, if you find one please share with us, in the meantime maybe you could export your data to another format on a windows machine.

With an *.accdb you can work around the incompatibility by creating a query of the relevant data tables that pulls in the relevant data, and then exporting it as an *.xls file. That file can then be read directly into R or converted to a csv file first. It is ugly but works. You can also pull the csv file or files into a more useable dbm more readily used in Linux than Access.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.