in Rnotebook output of the chunk is not shown inline

I want to use Rstudio for analysing my research results, however, I am very new at programming area... just started to have an online class related to the fundamental features. When it comes to subject of "dataframe", I couldn`t see my results as it is shown in the class. It was pretty nerve-wracking. Please explain me why I cannot have results inline when I wrote the code as it is shown below... I can see the results when I click "df" data in the global enviroment frame or in console if I change the settings from "chunk output inline" to "chunk output in console"

df <- data.frame(
  magazano = c(1:5),
  semt = c("A","B","C","D","E"),
  ort_kazanc = c(20,21,23,24,25)
  )
df

R version 3.6.3 (2020-02-29)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 18363)

when you click on the cogwheel icon for settings for the chunk in question what does the output show ?

Nothing changed...I can see also the results if I click the table that it is next to " 5 obs. of 3 variables" text in the global environment frame but still not inline

when you click on the green triangle run chunk, it doesnt show the frame under the chunk ?

yes, it does not show it..it was the problem

Did you play with "Chunk Output in console" or Chunk Output inline ?
I see the editor_options in your yaml, and the document in not saved. I could still be outputing in console even if inline is set in yaml. That is why I asked.

By default in RStudio, you will have output inline. You should not have to change anything.

Advice: Save the document, restard you RStudio project and try again.

Thank you for the advice, but as you see, Str() chunk can be displayed but not dataframe()

I can't reproduce this. This is really weird. clicking on the green arrow should run the chunk and print the paged formatted table under the chunk.

You could try with html_document, then switched back to html_notebook format to see if this changes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.