Indicator analysis result problem

Hey there,

I am writing my bachelor thesis atm and today I found a problem in my indicator analysis.
So I'm trying to find out which species is predominantely found in one area. The areas are devided in 1 and 2.

Whenever I run the indicator analysis the results differ, even though I am using the same data. So sometimes the significant indicator distrubution is 1= 5 & 2 = 9, then it's 1 = 4 & 2 = 9 or 1 = 5 & 2 = 11

So my question is: is that normal? If so, why?

Thank you so much for reading and helping me!

All the Best from Berlin, Germany!

Here is my code:
Note: Arten is basically all vegetation data from each patch and TRArten are dry grassland species from each patch
Arten<-read.table("Artenliste.txt", header = TRUE, stringsAsFactors = TRUE, dec = ",", row.names = 1)
attach(Arten)
TRArten<-read.table("Trockenrasenarten.txt", header = TRUE, stringsAsFactors = TRUE, dec = ",", row.names = 1)
attach(TRArten)

library(labdsv)
Arten_on<-summary(indval(Arten, Age, numitr= 1000))
Trockenrasen_on<-summary(indval(TRArten, Age, numitr= 1000))

I'm not sure how to upload my data, so follow here: WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free

You are using a function that involves randomizations. Perhaps a larger number might cause a stabilization. Regardless the classic way of controlling randomization in r for reproducibilty is to use set.seed()

numitr
the number of randomizations to iterate to calculate probabilities

Hey!

Thank you for explaining! That must be it.
I used a permutation of 10.000 and it is more stable now.

Thank you from Berlin,
Ann

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.