I am trying to install Fira Code (a new font) onto RStudio, but am unable - the font does not appear in the drop-down list after installation to my computer. Tried on Windows 10 and it works fine.
Ligature fonts (like Fira Code) are not supported on linux/server versions, and also, font installation is system specific, is not related to RStudio IDE
Fira Code in RStudio! For U-Linux!
(version 1.2.5001 on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS 64bit)
Just my past quick notes. YMMV...
Hope this helps you.
- In Rstudio Terminal: $ sudo apt install fonts-firacode
- Restart Rstudio
- in Tools / Appearance / Editor Font: choose FIRA Code and Apply.
- Enjoy! Test in Console Panel: x <- abc (for arrow shortcut: ALT-minus).
(arrow will now appear as smooth Ligature arrow!)
note: fira fonts files should be in home/share/usr/fonts
First: D/L the FiraCode Font:
Rstudio INSTR... DL&Install: go here 1st!
direct D/L link: might not be the latest version - CHECK!
Second: In the root/usr/share/opentype/firacode folder:
double-click each TTF font file
and click “Install font”;
Here's how you get there:
(to INSTALL DL Fonts) in Rstudio:
(1) Download and install @FiraCode,
(2) in @rstudio, go to Tools > Global Options > Appearance,
(3) change font to Fira Code,
(4) TICK "Use ligatures", and
(5) marvel at the beautiful code! @rstudiotips YES!
@Sfdude it worked great! Thank you!
Hi Adam, great it worked!.
If your question has been answered, pls don't forget to mark the solution as: "SOLVED".
Folks in the future (other huskies maybe?),
can come along and easily see what worked for you.
If you're the original Question poster and the category allows solutions to be marked,
there should be a little box at the bottom of replies that you can click to select that response as your "Solution."
Thanks, Adam!. good luck!.
This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.