Install SQL drivers in Rstudio Pro

Hi,

this is likely trivial for most of you. I do have a trouble installing SQL server using the RStudio Pro download and the RStudio drivers.

I am working on a Mac Monterey and have Homebrew installed, but when using the RStudio IDE to install SQL Server, I get a request to install Homebrew .... confusion.

any help is greatly appreciated

thank you

Maik

Can you please clarify what you mean by this? SQL Server is completely independent of the RStudio IDE software, so I guess you don't actually mean installing SQL Server from RStudio, but connecting to the SQL Server from RStudio? If so, can you please share the specific steps and code you are using for that purpose?

Thank you for your reply and sorry for not being clear.

you are right: I do want to connect to a Microsoft SQL server (from Mac)
I installed a 45 day free trial RStudio Pro under the assumption that it comes with the use of RStudio Drivers (ODBC; unixODBC) for evaluation.

I try to connect to the SQL server using the "New Connection Pane" in RStudio,
I select SQLserver:

follow the UI to "Sqlserver Installation"

click "next" and get:

"Installing
Driver: Sqlserver
Version: 1.5.9.1000
Path: /Users/maikduwensee/.local/share/rstudio/odbc/drivers/sqlserver
Checking prerequisites
Error in prereqs() :
unixODBC is required but missing, you can install from http://www.unixodbc.org/. Alternatively, install Brew and RStudio will install unixODBC automatically, you can install Brew by running: /usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
Calls: .rs.odbcBundleInstall -> .rs.odbcBundleCheckPrereqs -> prereqs
Execution halted"

fact is that I have brew installed:
Checking in Bash reveals:

brew --version
Homebrew 3.4.6
Homebrew/homebrew-core (git revision 8c4067c6e58; last commit 2022-04-13)
maikduwensee-FVFGT86TQ05P-MacBookPro:R_working maikduwensee$

I understand that RStudio would install unixODBC if brew is installed, which is doesn't seem to do in my case.

thank you for your hellp

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.