Installation Error for tinytex

While I try to install "tinytex" package in RStudio, I get the below error. ı dont know how to handle

Can't locate warnings/register.pm

• Perl or Miktex not installed.

Full log is below:

Can't locate warnings/register.pm in @INC (you may need to install the warnings::register module) (@INC contains: C:/Users/lenovo/AppData/Roaming/TinyTeX/texmf-dist/scripts/texlive C:/Users/lenovo/AppData/Roaming/TinyTeX/tlpkg C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Roaming\TinyTeX\tlpkg\tlperl\lib C:/Users/lenovo/AppData/Roaming/TinyTeX/tlpkg/tlperl/lib) at C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Roaming\TinyTeX\tlpkg\tlperl\lib/File/Find.pm line 5. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Roaming\TinyTeX\tlpkg\tlperl\lib/File/Find.pm line 5. Compilation failed in require at C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Roaming\TinyTeX\texmf-dist\scripts\texlive\tlmgr.pl line 84. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Roaming\TinyTeX\texmf-dist\scripts\texlive\tlmgr.pl line 84. Can't locate warnings/register.pm in @INC (you may need to install the warnings::register module) (@INC contains: C:/Users/lenovo/AppData/Roaming/TinyTeX/texmf-dist/scripts/texlive C:/Users/lenovo/AppData/Roaming/TinyTeX/tlpkg C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Roaming\TinyTeX\tlpkg\tlperl\lib C:/Users/lenovo/AppData/Roaming/TinyTeX/tlpkg/tlperl/lib) at C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Roaming\TinyTeX\tlpkg\tlperl\lib/File/Find.pm line 5. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Roaming\TinyTeX\tlpkg\tlperl\lib/File/Find.pm line 5. Compilation failed in require at C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Roaming\TinyTeX\texmf-dist\scripts\texlive\tlmgr.pl line 84. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Roaming\TinyTeX\texmf-dist\scripts\texlive\tlmgr.pl line 84.

Which version of tinytex package are you using ?

Can you update and run tinytex::install_tinytex() ? Is that what you are doing ?

Hello thanks for the prompt reply. I tried both commands for install:

tinytex::install_tinytex() 

and

install.packages('tinytex')

This will install the R package

This will install the LaTeX distribution TinyTex

See documentation for steps

Did you follow this ?

It should install a binary version and it seems in your case a compilation is happening. Hence my question about the version of the R package used

Yes, I did read both links. Did not see my problem there although applied steps. Sorry forgot to mention tinytex version. It is 0.31

After careful reading, this section helped me to install the tiny tex package via bat file.

For Windows users, save the batch file install-bin-windows.bat (open this link and press Ctrl + S ), and double click it.2 The installation directory is %APPDATA%/TinyTeX , where APPDATA is an environment variable that typically points to the path C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming

It is really strange that installing using the R function did not worked as expected. I am surprised.
Bat file method is also a good method though.

If you still encounter issue with the R functions next time that you reinstall, please open an issue. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.