installation of package ‘gifski’ had non-zero exit status

Hi, everyone, below are the scripts that describe the problem i am facing right now. i had downloaded the lastest version of R and restarted my computer, but it is still not working. Thank you

install.packages("gifski")

There is a binary version available but the source version is later:
binary source needs_compilation
gifski 0.8.6 0.8.7 TRUE

Do you want to install from sources the package which needs compilation? (Yes/no/cancel) Yes
installing the source package ‘gifski’

trying URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/src/contrib/gifski_0.8.7.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 12337 bytes (12 KB)

downloaded 12 KB

• installing source package ‘gifski’ ...
    ** package ‘gifski’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
    ** using staged installation
    cargo 1.50.0 (f04e7fab7 2021-02-04)
    Using /Users/weiyushi/.cargo/bin/cargo
    ** libs
    xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun
    ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘gifski’
  • removing ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.0/Resources/library/gifski’
    Warning in install.packages :
    installation of package ‘gifski’ had non-zero exit status

The downloaded source packages are in
‘/private/var/folders/zc/wfv30bn90kqb_cgxpmd42thc0000gn/T/Rtmp5FBqEq/downloaded_packages’

Yes sometimes works. If it doesn't work on the first attempt, give up and choose No. This is a macOS compiler toolchain problem that is only going to get worse with Big Sur's successors and is already a huge problem on the M1 processor. It's what finally caused me to set aside macOS for Ubuntu.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.