Installation of tidyverse "successful" but library(tidyverse) returns with errors and no information

Hello, I'm a new user to RStudio. The code leads me to believe that tidyverse has been sucessfully installed, but the library(tidyverse) command fails. The version of R is 4.0.3 (2020-10-10) -- "Bunny-Wunnies Freak Out" and RStudio is 1.3.1093, both the (as of right now) latest versions. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled 3x with no luck. Any help is much appreciated! Don't want to keep repeating the same actions to get no further progress. Also, please let me know if you have seen the same error message posted in a different thread that may also solve this issue.

install.packages("tidyverse")
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/Kristen.Reese/OneDrive/Documents/R/win-library/4.0’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
trying URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/contrib/4.0/tidyverse_1.3.0.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 440051 bytes (429 KB)
downloaded 429 KB
package ‘tidyverse’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
The downloaded binary packages are in
C:\Users\Kristen.Reese\AppData\Local\Temp\2\RtmpqinYY1\downloaded_packages
library(tidyverse)
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘tidyverse’ in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]):
object 'pkgInfo' not found
In addition: Warning message:
In loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]) :
package ‘R6’ has no 'package.rds' in Meta/

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.