Installing Rstudio server with R installed in non-default location?

My R is installed in a non-default location:

[hussaif1@z99 build]$ which R
/Apps/software/R/R-3.5.1/bin/R

Is there any way to install Rstudio using this R installation? This is the error I get when I run cmake:

[hussaif1@z99 build]$ cmake .. -DRSTUDIO_TARGET=Server -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/Apps/users/hussaif1/r_studio/rstudio-rstudio-6979d6d/exe
-- Boost version: 1.63.0
-- Using RStudio-provided Boost 1.63.0
-- Found R: /usr/lib64/R
CMake Error at src/cpp/CMakeLists.txt:286 (message):
Minimum R version (2.11.1) not found.

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
UUID_LIBRARIES
linked by target "rstudio-core" in directory /Apps/users/hussaif1/r_studio/rstudio-rstudio-6979d6d/src/cpp/core

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/Apps/users/hussaif1/r_studio/rstudio-rstudio-6979d6d/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/Apps/users/hussaif1/r_studio/rstudio-rstudio-6979d6d/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

I would assume many folks have R installed in a shared filesystem. So I would hope there is some way to use R Studio server when R is not installed in default system locations.

I was able to figure this out by completing uninstalling the old R in /usr/bin. I also had to manually remove the /usr/lib64/R folder .

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.