installing Rtools

Hello,
I am facing a problem installing Rtools.
I have installed it on my computer.
In Rstudio, I go to Packages and then Install but I get the following message (see the screenshot). I choose "yes" but it doesn't do anything.
Does anyone know what to do?
I have deadlines for my assignments to catch, please help.
thank you.

It looks like you are trying to install into a directory which has non-standard characters in the name. I would try changing the library folder to something simpler. You also seem to have a permissions issue with not being able to write to the R directory.

Aside from that, is there a reason why you're installing from source? Nothing wrong with it but it adds potentially several layers of complexity and I generally recommend people install binary packages whenever possible.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer.
What do you mean to change the library into something simpler?
I can run commands in Rstudio, but what can I do to claim the permission?

Do you have any other easier, or simpler idea to install and use Rtools?

It is hard to tell from a screenshot but it seems you are trying to install into the system level package library without running RStudio as administrator, so you simply have to close RStudio and open it again with administrator rights.

About the RTools warning message, if you have already installed the correct version in your system then you haven't correctly configured the PATH variable so R can't find it, check the installation instructions again and make sure you are following them correctly.
https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.