Installing unverified package

I am trying to install xlsx on a MacOS and I keep running into the issue that the developer can't be verified. Any creative workarounds to get it installed? I have left the resulting code below

library("xlsx")
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘xlsx’:
.onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'rJava', details:
call: dyn.load(jli, FALSE)
error: unable to load shared object '/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/sapmachine-jdk-11.0.2.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/jli/libjli.dylib':
dlopen(/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/sapmachine-jdk-11.0.2.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/jli/libjli.dylib, 10): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/sapmachine-jdk-11.0.2.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/jli/libjli.dylib: code signature in (/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/sapmachine-jdk-11.0.2.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/jli/libjli.dylib) not valid for use in process using Library Validation: library load disallowed by system policy

Hi,

It seems to me that there is a java issue here and not the package xlsx. Are you sure java is working correctly? A lot of folk have trouble with it and for some reason there does not seem to always be an easy solution. Maybe this guide will help:

Hope this helps,
PJ

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.