Interpretation of co-citation in Bibliometrix

I don't know how to interpret the co-citation network. The unit of analysis is the document. The map contains references that are not included in my database. Is this correct?
I mention that I operate with a combined database (I merged WoS and Scopus data).

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Mihaela, there are several types of co-citation analysis in bibliometrix, the author co-citation network is created using the first author in each reference. There is a small example in this video Co-citation analysis with bibliometrix - YouTube

I'm not sure how you merged both datasets, there is an option in bibliometrix with mergeDbSources but it does not merge the reference variable. I merged them with tosr package (it is not perfect but it is useful)

Hope it helps you.

1 Like

I merged them with mergeDbSources. Maybe here is the problem. Thank you very much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.