Issues with latest version of dygraphs

Hi,
I created a shiny application which draws timeseries data in a single dygraph plot.
If the dygraph is rendered at once, any arbitraray number of time series can be plotted in one graph.
But if I add additional timeseries by use of dySeries command, there seems to be a limit of 10 total numbers of series to be plotted. If, for example 8 series are drawn initial and 3 series are added by
g <- dySeries(g, c('lval','value','hval') ....) to get a shaded curve of a new time series with low- and high values, the following error appears:
Error in <-: 'names' attribute [11] must be the same length as the vector [10]

I tried some combinations of numbers of initial series and by dySeries added, the error only appears, if the total number exceeds 10.

This happens when the newest dygraphs versions are used (1.1.1.6 or 1.1.1.5), but works as expected when dygraphs 1.1.1.4 is used.

Are there bugs introduced in the newest versions of dygraphs ?

Regards,
woec

Hi,

I found the cause for the problem:
in my application I used a custom color vector for coloring the data. This vector was of size 10.
In the new dygraphs versions > 1.1.1.4 the lack of enough elements for coloring when adding graphs with dySeries(....) is handled differently compared to the previous versions. The old versions cycle the color vector up to the necessary size automatically, the new versions do not. This leads to the error message described.

Regards,
woec

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.