Knitr HTML Publish to RPubs Not Working: can’t install RJSONIO

I am having an issue publishing my HTML Knit file using R Markdown. After a successful Knit, I get the following message when I click on the Publish Document button:

Install Required Packages,
Publishing content requires an updated version of the RJSONIO package
Do you want to install the package now?
Yes No

If I click on Yes I get an Installing Packages console that runs through a lot of code and disappears. If I click on the Publish button again, I get the same message as above.

If I click on No, go back to my R markdown document, and try to install the RJSONIO package using the install.packages("RJSONIO"), I get the following message:

Warning in install.packages : installation of package ‘RJSONIO’ had non-zero exit status

I have searched far and wide for an answer to both of these issues and I cannot find anything so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Could you post the whole message? I think you are omitting the useful parts.

Do you want to install from sources the package which needs compilation?
y/n: y
installing the source package ‘RJSONIO

Warning in strptime(xx, f <- "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%OS", tz = tz) :
unknown timezone 'zone/tz/2019b.1.0/zoneinfo/America/Denver'

• installing source package ‘RJSONIO’ ...
    ** package ‘RJSONIO’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
    Trying to find libjson.h header file
    xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun
    xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun
    checking for gcc... gcc
    checking whether the C compiler works... no
    configure: error: in /private/var/folders/5s/hsw002g127z5nxv5fcjyfvl00000gn/T/RtmpxZeA0P/R.INSTALLdc0f75e2a15/RJSONIO': configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables Seeconfig.log' for more details
    ERROR: configuration failed for package ‘RJSONIO’
  • removing ‘/Users/garrettsmith/Library/R/3.4/library/RJSONIO’
    Warning in install.packages :
    installation of package ‘RJSONIO’ had non-zero exit status

The downloaded source packages are in
‘/private/var/folders/5s/hsw002g127z5nxv5fcjyfvl00000gn/T/RtmpikLf2g/downloaded_packages’

Do you have xcode installed in your system? You need it for compiling packages on MacOS

xcode-select --install

Here are some installation instructions

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.