Knitting file.rmd to pdf

I am finding it very difficult to knit my final project already saved in r markdown format to the pdf version. I really need help asap. Thank you for your time.

Have you installed and tried tinytex?

1 Like

Yes . I installed it on r 4.1.0 and called it's library in rstudio as well. I don't know if that was correct.

What is the error message?

Here is the error message -

! Package inputenc Error: Unicode character ̂ (U+0302)
(inputenc) not set up for use with LaTeX.

Try other LaTeX engines instead (e.g., xelatex) if you are using pdflatex. See 6.7 Render documents containing Unicode characters | R Markdown Cookbook
Error: LaTeX failed to compile HarvardX_Capstone_Project_1.tex. See The R package tinytex - Helper Functions to Manage TinyTeX, and Compile LaTeX Documents - Yihui Xie | 谢益辉 for debugging tips. See HarvardX_Capstone_Project_1.log for more info.
Execution halted

I had an issue similar to this once where I had a character (can't remember what, but possibly the circumflex) in the comments of my code chunks. The way I fixed it was just to remove the character from the comments. Try that perhaps?

Thanks, williaml. I appreciate your suggestion.

The error usually mean that you have Unicode character in your document.

In that case you need to use a pdf engine that supports it.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.