Knitting to xaringan slides - pandoc errors

I am having trouble knitting a .Rmd file to HTML. Yesterday it was perfectly happy. Today I re-cloned from Github, opened the file, and pressed 'Knit' to get the HTML slides, but it failed with the following pandoc errors:

label: setup (with options) 
List of 1
 $ include: logi FALSE

|..............................                                        |  43%
  ordinary text without R code

|........................................                              |  57%
label: read csv
  |..................................................                    |  71%

|............................................................          |  86%
label: show csv (with options) 
List of 1
 $ echo: logi FALSE

|......................................................................| 100%

output file: Importing_data.knit.md

/usr/lib/rstudio-server/bin/pandoc/pandoc +RTS -K512m -RTS Importing_data.utf8.md --to html4 --from markdown+autolink_bare_uris+tex_math_single_backslash+smart --output Importing_data.html --email-obfuscation none -V 'mathjax-url=https://mathjax.rstudio.com/latest/MathJax.js?config=TeX-MML-AM_CHTML' -V 'title-slide-class=center, middle, inverse, title-slide' --standalone --section-divs --template /home/rstudio-user/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.6/xaringan/rmarkdown/templates/xaringan/resources/default.html --no-highlight --include-in-header /tmp/RtmpeXaLir/rmarkdown-str6103c0eae46.html --lua-filter /home/rstudio-user/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.6/rmarkdown/rmd/lua/pagebreak.lua --lua-filter /home/rstudio-user/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.6/rmarkdown/rmd/lua/latex-div.lua --include-before-body /tmp/RtmpeXaLir/xaringan61057e4ceaf.md --include-after-body /tmp/RtmpeXaLir/xaringan61065503b2.js --variable title-slide=true --variable math=true 
Error: pandoc document conversion failed with error 9
Execution halted
Warning message:
system call failed: Cannot allocate memory 
pandoc: /tmp/RtmpeXaLir/xaringan61065503b2.js: openBinaryFile: does not exist (No such file or directory)

Using R version 3.6.0, code is here: https://github.com/DataS-DHSC/R-coding-club/blob/import_data/2020-%20Importing%20data/Importing_data.Rmd

You are running out of RAM memory (RStudio Cloud is currently limited to 1GB), try cleaning your environment before knitting to release already allocated memory.

I suppose the CSV I was loading to show was too big to keep in memory. Will have a play with cleaning it mid-knit. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.