Link to R6 method from separate package in help pages and pkgdown

I'm currently writing an R package and would like to link to the help page for an R6 method in a separate package. The page I want to link to is here: Run Stan's MCMC algorithms — model-method-sample • cmdstanr, and there is an .Rd file for the method as well (cmdstanr/model-method-sample.Rd at master · stan-dev/cmdstanr · GitHub). Finally, I can also access the help page from R directly with ?cmdstanr::`model-method-sample`.

However, when I try to add a link to my own help page using the normal link to another package syntax described here, [cmdstanr::`model-method-sample`], I get this error:

Warning: Link to unknown topic: cmdstanr::`model-method-sample`

I feel like there must be some way to link to this help page, given that it definitely exists and has an .Rd page, but I haven't found a solution yet. Has anyone else run into this problem or know the solution?

This was solved here: r - Link to R6 method from separate package in help pages and pkgdown - Stack Overflow

There is not a markdown-style solution that I have found yet, but the StackOverflow post describes how to make the links work using the normal \link[] syntax.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.