macOS problems with files and pushing, RStudio and Push

Hi all,

I posted this question on StackOverflow and had a suggestion to post it here: r - RStudio problems on Mac: opening files, saving Data - Stack Overflow

I have an older Mac so I am running "Elsbeth Geranium" Release (7d165dcf, 2022-12-03) for macOS on MacOS Monterey version 12.6.3

I have two problems which both seem to be related to pushing project files into GitHub. Note that .RData is in my .gitignore file, this file has been pushed to GitHub.

The two problems:

1. a script is greyed out once I close it after pushing. It is also greyed out in Finder. The only way I can open it is with Open With -> RStudio

2. My Environment is empty after doing a push. It's still there if I have the project open. Once I close my RStudio sesson, it's gone. Both my Global and Local (Project) options are set to Saving my workspace, and restoring RData into my environment when opening. I tried to use Default for the latter in the Project options, but it makes no difference - whether I use Default or Project-based settings, I do not get my RData back.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.