move command how does it work?

What does this do? Can it move a .rmd file between projects?

Hi,

Welcome to the RStudio community!
You question is rather vague, please provide us with some more information, preferably by creating a reprex. A reprex consists of the minimal code and data needed to recreate the issue/question you're having. You can find instructions how to build and share one here:

Kind regards,
PJ

Here is where you find it![InQuestion|644x500](upload://lh2QJ6VUcd2

ZnnTYTUQPUBeYx1s.jpeg)

Hi,

It's a command that moves files from one folder to another. Simply check the boxes next to the filenames of the files you like to move, then click Move... and select the folder where you want to move them to.

PJ

1 Like

The folder I want to move it to is another rstudio.cloud project. What I currently have to do is export it, then open the other project and upload it. Seems like that is what the idea behind this was, but it does't work or most likely I can figure out how to make it work.

Hi,

I'm not very familiar with RStudio cloud yet, but I think it might not be possible at the moment to move files between projects. This post seems to suggest that (although it refers to whole projects).

Maybe someone else here knows a workaround...

PJ

The file panel is like any other file explorer, and that option allows you to move files between folders you have access to, but Rstudio Cloud projects run on isolated environments so you can't have access to other project's folders.

2 Likes

I use it for a class too. If you give your assignments is a "shared workspace" in which your students are collaborators and you are the Admin you can make copies of anything in that space. Watch the webinar by Mine Cetinkaya-Rundel in the rstudio webinar series a few weeks ago.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.