New Project problem - can't get the dialog box to accept any directory below Documents

When creating a new project, RStudio, whether using a new project in a new directory or a new project in an existing directory, will only open the project in /Documents, no matter what directory I select. Wasn't like this before. I am using MacOS 10.13.4 (High Sierra) and RStudio 1.1.446. Is this a bug or am I doing something stupid?

When you say /Documents, do you mean ~/Documents? (The Documents folder inside your user folder?)

Can you provide more detail about what exact steps you are taking (e.g., “I click on widget A, then select ‘foo’ from the list and click the OK button”, etc) and what unexpected behavior or error messages you see? Screenshots might also be helpful :slightly_smiling_face:, though fair warning: as a new forum member, the forum software might restrict you to one image per post.

I was doing something stupid. Sorry. There's no problem with the software. I wasn't paying attention to all the potential screens I have on my Mac, especially the one where RStudio loads initially. So I never saw the file selector screen.

Glad you figured it out! Everybody gets bamboozled by interfaces occasionally :grin:

If your question's been answered (even by you!), would you mind choosing a solution? It helps other people see which questions still need help, or find solutions if they have similar problems. Here’s how to do it: