Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘tidyverse’ in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]): namespace ‘rlang’ 0.4.5 is already loaded, but >= 0.4.6 is required
Not able to load tidyverse, i have succesfuly loaded the package. and i am also using the latest version
I have used your update package did not get any output
rlang_0.4.7 is not in
Session_Info() under other attached packages, try restarting the
R session and
library(rlang) sessionInfo() #> R version 4.0.0 (2020-04-24) #> Platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit) #> Running under: Pop!_OS 20.04 LTS #> #> Matrix products: default #> BLAS: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/blas/libblas.so.3.9.0 #> LAPACK: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/lapack/liblapack.so.3.9.0 #> #> locale: #>  LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 LC_NUMERIC=C #>  LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8 LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8 #>  LC_MONETARY=en_US.UTF-8 LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8 #>  LC_PAPER=en_US.UTF-8 LC_NAME=C #>  LC_ADDRESS=C LC_TELEPHONE=C #>  LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C #> #> attached base packages: #>  stats graphics grDevices utils datasets methods base #> #> other attached packages: #>  rlang_0.4.7 #> #> loaded via a namespace (and not attached): #>  compiler_4.0.0 magrittr_1.5 tools_4.0.0 htmltools_0.5.0 #>  yaml_2.2.1 stringi_1.4.6 rmarkdown_2.3 highr_0.8 #>  knitr_1.29 stringr_1.4.0 xfun_0.16 digest_0.6.25 #>  evaluate_0.14
Created on 2020-09-03 by the reprex package (v0.3.0)
What output message you get if you run this command?
I am not getting any output the r just restarts
Error in install.packages : Updating loaded packages
i updated r lang but i have new error
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘tidyverse’ in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]): namespace ‘vctrs’ 0.2.4 is already loaded, but >= 0.3.0 is required
Lather, rinse, repeat.
You have, tragically, found yourself in dependency hell. The only thing to do is keep installing packages and try again until everything works.
I had a install all the packages tidy verse was dependent on thank you
Glad it worked out for you!
I ran into a very similar problem with tidyverse and dplyr (I tried updating dependencies but it started giving me a new error and no longer allowed that either) and what I found to be the fix was updating R and RStudio. This fixed everything. Just to keep in mind for the future!
This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.