object 'error.multiple.files' not found: Rraven

Hi all,

I am using a relatively new and specific package to analyze recordings of bird calls called Rraven. Raven is a sound analysis and editing software from the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, and Rraven connects Raven with R. I am trying to use a function in this package called imp_raven, which imports .txt files that I have downloaded from Raven and associates them with their corresponding .wav files. These .txt files are essentially time and frequency markers of .wav files that Raven has converted into a table, called a selection table. This is what a selection table looks like in Raven:

The code for importing these .txt files looks like this:

>#setting the path to take the .txt and .wav files from
path <- "/Users/Ellen/Documents/.......[my working directory]"

>#using imp_raven to import selection tables (.txt files) from path
fsels <- Rraven::imp_raven(path, all.data = TRUE, name.from.file = TRUE, ext.case = "lower" )

When I run this code, I get an error and several warnings. The error reads:
Error in Rraven::imp_raven(path, all.data = TRUE, name.from.file = TRUE, :
object 'error.multiple.files' not found

I know for a fact that the .txt files and the associated .wav files are both in the path I created and in the correct place. The warning messages tell me this:

1: In read.table(file = file, header = header, sep = sep, ... :
line 1 appears to contain embedded nulls
(and so on and so forth for each line), and:
5: In read.table(file = file, header = header, sep = sep, ... :
incomplete final line found by readTableHeader on '/Users/Ellen/Documents/...[path]...[.txt file name]'

I know this is a very niche package but I don't know what could possibly be wrong if I have my .txt files and .wav files all in the correct folder. Some more info about the Rraven package can be found here:

Any help would be appreciated -- I am quite the novice R user and this kind of code is very new to me, especially for a package that is not widely used. Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.