ODBC is showing "(no tables)" when I connect in R Studio (continued)

This is a follow-up to the (closed) thread I created here.

I am able to create an ODBC connection in R, but I am not able to access any of the tables within the connection. I followed the advice of installing an earlier version of Rstudio and that solved my problem. I finally got around to updating to the latest version and the same problem occurs.

R version 4.2.0 (2022-04-22 ucrt)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 19042)

Matrix products: default

[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.utf8 LC_CTYPE=English_United States.utf8 LC_MONETARY=English_United States.utf8 LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_United States.utf8

attached base packages:
[1] stats graphics grDevices utils datasets methods base

Hi, can you confirm that you're in this or more recent version of RStudio?

Here is a new development. When I connect using vanilla R under v4.2.0 I'm having the same issue (able to connect to the ODBC but am seeing the "character(0)" after using dbListTables(con)) . When I open up R v4.1.3 I'm able to get R to show the tables within the connection.

Yes, I'm using 2022.02.1 Build 461.

Ok, then I think this may be an issue with the odbc package, my suggestion would be to report it here: Issues · r-dbi/odbc · GitHub

1 Like

Thanks for your assistance. I'll report back if this gets resolved.

In the meantime, I wrote up an issue report here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.