Open multiple windows/panes of same file?

Hi folks,

It would be very nice to be able to have two windows or panes open on the same file at the same time. This is useful when working on longer files where one doesn't want to lose her place when jumping around.

I'm searching around, but it seems it's not possible in rstudio. I've opened a feature request here for those who would like the same thing: https://github.com/rstudio/rstudio/issues/7842. This feature has been requested elsewhere, but I haven't found anything recent.

Older request: Split panes in source editor

Thanks,
Allie

4 Likes

Just to close the loop on this; my colleagues responded in the github issue that we do have an upcoming 1.4 feature to show multiple source columns, so you can see multiple files at the same time. However, this doesn't support opening the same file in multiple columns. We'll keep the feature request open and consider it post-1.4. Thanks for the suggestion!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.