Output updating in a shiny app, using golem structure

Hello Friends,

I have been working on building a shiny app by following the golem structure mentioned in the book Engineering Production grade shiny apps. This book is proving to be an excellent guide. I have been able to prototype my UI and it works fine on my local machine.

As a next step I though of doing a small test. Here I run into a problem. The UI select Input works perfectly but the values do not update in the output. Therefore I tried to run an experiment:

If i use following code in a different single file shiny app, it works correctly:

library(shiny)

ui <- fluidPage(
  selectInput("choice", "vxvxvx", choices = letters),
  verbatimTextOutput("summary")
)

server <- function(input, output, session) {

output$summary <- renderText({input$choice})

}

shinyApp(ui, server)

however, if I write the equivalent in my golem app (I put the UI parts in app_ui.R and logic part in app_server.R.), the select input works but the summary output does not update. How can this be? Am I missing some step?

In case someone wants to look at the golem application code it is on github: GitHub - AyushBipinPatel/OPHIGlobalComparisions: An Amazing Shiny App

Thanks and Regards,
Ayush

Solved now. I burned down the repo and pasted in another repo and it worked. Not sure why though

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.