Package ggbiplot in R 3.5.0

Why don't I find the package "ggbiplot" in R 3.5.0?

I find one solution is called install_github("vqv/ggbiplot"), but it still doesn't work!!!

Could you give me a favor?

Thanks all!!!

Hi @zsl3713! Welcome!

The package ggbiplot is not on CRAN, so you do have to install it from GitHub. I’m afraid there’s not enough information in your post to know why installing from GitHub isn’t working. Can you please provide more details? Here are some examples of the kind of information that is needed:

• Copy and paste the output you get in the console when you run install_github("vqv/ggbiplot"). After pasting, select the output and click the little </> button at the top of the posting box to make sure the output is formatted correctly.
  • Copy and paste the console output you get when you try to load the package with library(ggbiplot) (formatting with the button as above)
  • Copy and paste the console output you get when you try to run a line of code that uses ggbiplot (formatting with the button, as above)

Thanks a lot!!! it display in the following content:

install_github("vqv/ggbiplot")
Downloading GitHub repo vqv/ggbiplot@master
tar: Failed to set default locale
tar: Failed to set default locale
   During startup - Warning messages:
   1: Setting LC_CTYPE failed, using "C" 
   2: Setting LC_TIME failed, using "C" 
   3: Setting LC_MESSAGES failed, using "C" 
   4: Setting LC_MONETARY failed, using "C" 
v  checking for file '/private/var/folders/tv/j_jzh9x121jd9vqsq_rn53n40000gn/T/RtmpY5QeZx/remotes4f15f8566a1/vqv-ggbiplot-7325e88/DESCRIPTION' ...
-  preparing 'ggbiplot':
v  checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ...
-  checking for LF line-endings in source and make files and shell scripts
-  checking for empty or unneeded directories
-  looking to see if a 'data/datalist' file should be added
-  building 'ggbiplot_0.55.tar.gz'

Error: (converted from warning) Setting LC_CTYPE failed, using "C"
Execution halted
Error in i.p(...) : 
  (converted from warning) installation of package '/var/folders/tv/j_jzh9x121jd9vqsq_rn53n40000gn/T//RtmpY5QeZx/file4f11e4c4928/ggbiplot_0.55.tar.gz' had non-zero exit status
>

Thanks — that is helpful! However, I noticed that you didn't format what you pasted. It's important to format console output properly before posting because unformatted console output can contain sequences of characters that are misinterpreted by this forum software as special commands, which can make the output difficult (or impossible) to understand. I fixed it for you above, but in the future please remember to format all code and console output you post here using the little </> button (you can also edit any of your posts by clicking on the little pencil icon at the bottom).

Hmm, I'm not totally sure what's wrong but the package is failing to build and there are some warnings about your locale settings. Can you please paste in the output of running sessionInfo() at the console? (Don't forget to format it! :grin:)

Edited to add: if you can't get this package to work, there is some overlapping functionality provided by ggfortify — see this vignette: https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/ggfortify/vignettes/plot_pca.html. ggfortify tries to replicate the way that base R plot() "knows" what type of plot to make out of an object. If you're not familiar with that philosophy of plotting, you might want to start with the ggfortify basics vignette: https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/ggfortify/vignettes/basics.html.

1 Like

Thanks a lot!!! I have resolved this problem according to your suggestion!!! Thanks again!!!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.