Package installation via zip

I'm trying to install packages from a zip file, and though the packages are successfully unpacked, whenever I try to use the package it says there is no package. Any ideas about what might be going on?

For context, I'm working on my company computer (windows) and am really struggling to install any packages because I am working behind a firewall, so I'm now trying to locally download the packages I want locally and install them that way. So, far, I've had not luck with any packges.

install.packages("C:/Users/gcormier/Desktop/pastecs_1.3.21.zip", repos = NULL, type = "win.binary")
package ‘pastecs’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

require("psych")
Loading required package: psych
Warning message:
In library(package, lib.loc = lib.loc, character.only = TRUE, logical.return = TRUE, :
there is no package called ‘psych’

Here is where I have my packages being saved

.libPaths()
[1] "C:/Users/gcormier/AppData/Local/Programs/R/R-4.2.1/library"

Installation issues are very specific so we need more information to be able to help you, can you post the complete console output you get when you try to install a specific package?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.