Packages install and usablity issues with R 3.1.2. and R Studio 0.98.1091

Hi all,

I am working within an infrastructure where I do not have the admin rights to install or update the R or RStudio to be the most stable released versions. I have never encountered this issue before using R or RStudio on my personal device.
Yet, on the device where I do not have the admin rights. I am seeing dependencies not installed despite, I am clicking the box that says Install dependencies through the RStudio, type the install.packages(), and I have also tried to manually install directly from the CRAN and drag and drop into the C:/ Program Files/R/Rversion/library.
When I install via RStudio or through the install.packages() I am running into a issue that says

Warning in install.packages :
unable to move temporary installation 'C\Program Files\R....'
Does anyone know how to get the R packages to directly into R library?

When I have manually install the packages directly into the C/R/library R Studio recognizes the packages, but I am having issues using the packages with the following responses in the console.

library(tidyverse)
Error in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]) : _
_ there is no package called ‘broom’

In addition: Warning message:
package ‘tidyverse’ was built under R version 3.4.4
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘tidyverse’

Is there a way to get R Studio to work with a newer package, and make sure R Studio downloads the dependencies as well?

Thanks!