Packages installed in temporary files

Hello everyone,
I'm a beginner in using RStudio and my english is not excellent. Sorry for that.

My problem is that all my packages go to my temporary files, here is the message :
C:\Users\Marine\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpOYwKxK\downloaded_packages

This is a problem since I usually empty my temporary files from time to time...
My professor said me it is a problem concerning my computer, and that I should totally reformat it and do a deep antivirus scan... do you think it could change anything ?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Why is it a problem though, what doesn't work ?

What makes you think that? Normally what goes into the temp files are the binaries used to install the packages into your package library that is located somewhere else. You no longer need those binary files after installation and the temp files are going to be deleted automatically anyways.

This works but it could no longer do if I empty my temporary files...

I think that because for other students of my workclass, instead of "\Local\Temp", the name of file in which they save their work is written.

What is the output of running this command?

.libPaths()

Hi, sorry for the response time.
This is the output :
[1] "C:/Users/Marine/Documents/R/win-library/4.0"
[2] "C:/Program Files/R/R-4.0.3/library"

That means that your packages actually get installed on this location unless you explicitly specify otherwise. As I said before, what gets downloaded into the temp folder are installation files that you no longer need and are going to be automatically deleted so you don't have to worry about that.

Marvellous ! It reassures me if I don't have to completely clean up my computer and reinstall everything as my teacher said...
Thank you veeery much for your time !

I wouldn't trust your teacher on this subject, I can't imagine a scenario where an R related issue would require you to do that.

Good, I was to right to ask you. It would have been a real waste of time !

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.